Tuesday, July 27, 2021

No Sleep til...

Heading into this summer’s trip I thought my advancing age, approaching double 4s, would help me fall asleep during the flight. No such luck as I just couldn’t get to a real sleep. The problem is the time, as I’m just not ready to sleep until shortly before the flight lands. I managed to get an hour of dozing in and out, then we landed. Groggy and ready to lay down, I made my way to the Crowne Plaza near the Malpensa Airport in Milan. It’s my first time staying at this hotel, and wasn’t even where I booked. About a week ago, I got an email from the hotel I had booked saying that I was being moved due to that hotel closing down for a refurbishment. Go me, as this place is nicer than the Holiday Inn Express I had booked. After a three hour nap, I cleaned myself up, threw on fresh clothes, and traveled into the center of Milan to get my Italian phone and internet hooked up for the month. Check and check. I also continued my daily 10,000 steps or more streak which is now over 15 months straight. I visited the Duomo, Piazza Garribaldi, and the Castello Sforzesco, and enjoyed some people watching before heading back to the hotel. Hoping to get some sleep tonight, though I have another travel day starting early tomorrow. About 7 hours worth of train rides are on the horizon, with no idea of what is waiting for me in Campomarino in regards to my garden. It is usually overgrown after one year, I can only imagine what it looks like after two years.