Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Arrived in Campomarino

On Friday, I met up with my cousin Maryanne and her daughter in Rome, picked up our rental car, and began the journey to my place in Campomarino Lido. It's a much shorter visit this year, and much more filled time. Zia found her way to the hospital the week before last, so we spent a day visiting her, her granddaughter Greta and her boyfriend Danilo, and then had a delicious lunch and great visit with my cousin Vincenzo and his wife Mariella.

Sunday we began some time at the beach. I've been going for long walks with my cousin Victoria, picking up food and supplies as we walk back to the house. We went to the beach club Lido Ritz on Sunday and Monday after the walks, coming home for lunch and heading back in the afternoons. We also met up with my father's cousin Gino and his wife Carmella on Sunday night. 

Today I visited Termoli twice. I needed to work on the taxes, so I went to see my banker in the morning. I went to the beach for a little while later on in the afternoon, but I've been hindered this trip by a tooth ache that did not improve with the first round of antibiotics. This evening, I went and saw a dentist. The office was at his home, down a long forgotten road between Campomarino and Termoli, but the house and office were stunningly beautiful, and very clean. Even had a machine that shrink wraps your shoe soles...which my feet were too big for. He put me on another antibiotic, hoping it works better than the last one, and scheduled to pull my achy tooth on Monday. 

After the dentist, Maryanne, Victoria and I went on an evening excursion to Termoli, and the borgo antico (antique center). It was as beautiful as ever with the lights, castle, church, and sea. Termoli never disappoints.