Three trains and a mile and a quarter walk later, and I have made it to town. I'll be at our family place in Campomarino Lido for the next 19 days. Luckily, I had a lot of energy when I arrived and was able to get the patio washed and the house swept. I put the paddles on the outdoor fan and uncovered the AC unit. It's a beautiful night with a slight breeze and little humidity, so I'm excited to get some good sleep. I have about 5 loads of laundry leftover from last year to go through, then I'll be caught up.
Tomorrow I'm heading to the beach club to reserve an umbrella and chairs, and then to the market to get some food in the house. My neighbors were kind enough to give me a bowl of fruit and some mozzarella cheese tonight, which went well with a couple of slices of pizza.
My cousin Greta and her boyfriend Danilo stopped by after dinner tonight. It was great to see them and just have some conversation after three days of traveling alone.