Friday, June 27, 2014

68 Day of Summer - Day 2

Today was jam packed. After getting to bed late following a second-place showing at quizzo, I still managed to wake up at 6:30 without my alarm clock. I'm looking forward to the day when I can sleep past 8 am.

I decided it was time to go on a bike ride for the first time in a month. Thankfully, I managed to keep a pace of close to 12 mph for 40 minutes or so, knocking out more than eight miles. The MS Bike ride to the shore is only three months away. Then I went shopping.

Single handedly, I stimulated the economy getting little needs for the summer. Most of my biggest purchase, clothes, was done with gift cards so my buyer's remorse was minimal. I tried to buy and install a wifi light system so I could control my houselights from Italy, but the system sold at Home Depot is junk, and the app doesn't work right. So it's return it to the store tomorrow.

Now the task is searching for tickets for mom to come over to Italy. Unless she heads to JFK, which would be extremely difficult for her with a walker and a motorized rascal scooter, she's looking at about $1,700. Flying JFK would cost less than $1,100.