Sunday, June 29, 2014

Foodtopia Moments

In my first Foodtopia Moment of the summer, I managed to make a veal osso buco. I started by searing bone-in veal chops before putting them to the side. Then I sauteed some diced carrots, onions, garlic, and celery. Once the onions were sweating, I added chicken stock and a little can of whole small tomatoes. I let that cook for about five minutes, then I smashed the tomatoes with a wooden spoon, added the white wine, sprinkled in the seasoning and let it cook for another minute or two stirring all of the ingredients together. After that, I added the seared veal and put the whole pan in the oven at 300 for an hour to braise, turning the meat halfway through. While the veal was braising, I sauteed some spinach with whole garlic cloves. The meal was delicious, and the meat was very tender