Thursday, June 26, 2014

68 Days of Summer - Day 1

Day one of my summer break, and I am luckily back to exercising. Walked a little more than a 5K this morning for the first time in more than a month. I am starting this summer about 35 pounds lighter than last summer, and still dropping. My summer is shaping up to be a busy one, starting today with a trip to a bar in the afternoon for the USA/Germany World Cup Game and later on I'm playing team trivia for the first time in seven weeks. 

Earlier this week, I began to organize my carry-on bag for my trip to Italy. Is there ever such a thing as too many electronics? I am flying Emirates Air out of JFK into Milan. It's my first time with the airline, and my first trip to Milan where I may see more than an airport terminal (stopped there for connections in 1994 and 2005). At least the airline gives complimentary drinks and allows two bags up to 50 pounds each.

Aside from the vacation to Italy, where hopefully I'll wrap up two full-length feature scripts, this summer also includes my sister's wedding and a sports-themed trip to Seattle. So stay tuned to my blog as I plan to make posts for the next 68 days with updates about summer.