Thursday, August 10, 2023

Foodtopia Moments

 Never in my life did I ever think I would write a Foodtopia Moments post in Italy that highlights...Starbucks. But, until yesterday, I had never visited the Starbucks Reserve in Milan. It's not a regular Starbucks, though you can still get some favorites, though I didn't see a frappucino in the place. They roast the rarest beans that Starbucks purchases, and the food is on a whole different level, and I only got a couple of small bites. 

I ordered an sfisioso con olive (olive bread stick) and a pistachio mousse tart to eat. For my beverage, I ordered an Oleato cold brew with foam. The Oleato line of drinks feature olive oil in partnership with Partana Olive Oil. I was apprehensive at first when I heard about the olive oil and coffee combo, but it was delicious. You could taste the olive oil, which is a high quality brand, but it was slightly sweetened and went perfectly with the bitterness of the cold brew. The sfisioso was delicious with plenty of whole olives, not just chopped up pieces. But the best thing was the pistachio mousse tart. If they had those at every Starbucks, I'd probably eat them several times a week.