Monday, July 11, 2022

Arrived and Tired

The Summer of 2022 has started off well. When I booked my ticket to Italy, I thought I was booking a seat with extra legroom. I guess I ended up booking a fancier seat, because I had premier access. A fancy seat and upgraded dining experience. It was a smooth flight with little turbulence. 

This year I'm traveling with my cousins Maryane and Diane. After checking into the hotel early and pausing for a short nap, we trekked into the center of Milan to get my phone and internet hooked up. Should be good to go for the summer on the internet, but I'll need to get one more month of service on the cell phone. 

We toured the Duomo of Milan and the excavated areas underneath. The church is beautiful, with mazing art and stained glass. The archeological digs underneath the basilica were very neat to see. After walking through the Duomo, we stopped in to some of the high end fashion shops like Fendi, Yves Saint Laurent, and Gucci, which essentially seemed purse stores as opposed to clothing stores. Right outside the stores, there are some beautiful sidewalk cafes. We stopped at one and had a delicious meal of pizza, pasta, veal Milanese and Aperol Spritz. 

Tomorrow we're looking to heat to Venice. Hoping the heatwave keeps people off the roads.