Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Sunshine at Lido Ritz

 


It's been a few days since I've posted anything, and they've been busy days. Along with my cousins Maryanne and Diane, we've had trips to Torremaggiore (my father's hometown), Termoli twice, and returned to Lido Ritz to start my 2022 beach time. I've even been to the Commune office in town to organize the usual summer business with Zia Carmelita.

Lido Ritz is still a great place to spend the summer. The staff is friendly, the beach is clean, and the umbrellone (big umbrella), lettino (chaise), and sedia (chair) are always there and in good condition. We have beach neighbors nearby who live in my building, and the people next to us will be there until the end of the month. 

We wanted to visit with my Zio Matteo and my cousin Vincenzo and his wife on Monday. So after spending the morning on the beach, we cleaned up and got dressed to head to Torremaggiore. After visiting the town cimitero (cemetery), we walked through town to visit the street where our parents were born, Via 20 Setembre. We don't know the house number, but we found the street where they played. We walked around town, grabbed some pastries, and had a cocktail, then went to visit with my Zio Matteo (Uncle Matteo). He's 94, and still with it mentally, but sadly is confined to the bed. 

After a visit with Zio, we heaed over to see my cousin Vincenzo and his wife Mariella. We felt bad because they were waiting for us to have dinner, and we spent longer than expected with my uncle. Once we got to their place, we hopped in the car and went to a local pizzeria for some antipasti and pizza. 

Today I took Zia to the market and we went to the Commune office to handle some tax stuff. While I was there Maryanne and Diane walked over to Lido Ritz where I joined them for a few hours of sunshine and little waves. We then went off to Termoli tonight for some seafood and people watching. It was beautiful outside, and we had a view of the castle and the stars.