Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Beach Days...Then the Heavens Opened

 
The past few days have been very relaxing, possibly the most relaxing days of 2022 for me. I've been spending most of the day at the beach, developing scene ideas for a script I want to write, catching up on laundry, and just relaxing. I've been averaging about 15,000 steps a day as well, and just passed the 27 straight months of getting 10,000 steps per day or more...everyday. 

The beach has been peaceful this year, but as August approaches I'm noticing more and more people coming to town. My umbrella neighbors are ending their stay on Sunday, so it'll be interesting who comes there for my last couple of weeks here. Everyone around me is very nice and friendly this year. 

Rain has been in the forecast the past three days. On Monday, some clouds approached, then went away. On Tuesday, it drizzled for about 10 minutes in the early evening. Today, however, the storm roared in. Rolling thunder, lightning, and lots of wind and rain. Some nearby towns are completely flooded out. I was about to head back to the beach after lunch when I noticed the wind pick up. Then I saw the clouds on all sides of our sunny little beach town, and thought, I should wait a few more minutes. Within a half hour it was storming.

Sitting outside under the stars now, its so much more comfortable than the past few nights when the humidity was extra heavy. My neighbors are all in sweaters and telling me to put on long sleeves. I've been so hot for days, generally sweaty, that I'm just gonna stick with the t-shirt.