Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Foodtopia Moments

Before I get into a new moment of foodtopia, I have to apologize for not posting this the other day, but I was pretty concerned with the fires. My cousin Valeria made a delicious tiramisu, one of the best I’ve ever eaten, to have after lunch the other day. She also made lunch that day for me and Zia. A very good cook for 23 years old. I had been craving brasciole for a few days, so yesterday I made a quick ragu (gravy) with brasciole. For those who don’t know, brascole is a thinly sliced beef with parmigiana, prezzemolo (parsley), sale (salt), and (garlic) rolled up inside. The ingredients, combined with the meat, sweat out into the sauce and add a lot of flavor. I used the ragu with a type of pasta I’d never seen before. It’s a long spaghetti length ziti noodle. It was odd shaped, but held the sauce well.