Monday, August 5, 2024

Foodtopia Moments

Just about every meal I've had here has been great. Long gone are the potato days of Dublin and Liverpool that I graciously endured last month. Now come the pasta and pizza days. Last week, when we visited the town of Alberobello, we had pranzo (lunch) at Trullo d'Oro Ristorante. The food was spectacular. I didn't  get a photo of the antipasti appetizer, but my primi piatti (first plate, usually reserved for pasta) was a cavatellini con ragu di polipo (octopus gravy). It was wonderful. The octopus wasn't chewy at all, melted in my mouth.

For my second course, I had a tuna steak over gazpacho. I am not the biggest gazpacho fan, but it worked perfectly as an accent. The gazpacho had a little bit of mint that really put it over the top. I did order some roasted potatoes since my tooth was killing me, and I thought at the very least I could eat that, but the whole meal was great from stat to finish.