Thursday, August 6, 2026

Beach time

 This week has been hot here, and more humid than usual. Just tonight it was 88 degrees with a real feel of 95, at quarter to 8 pm. I've brought a little fan I bought on Amazon, and it has been great hooking it to my lounger at the beach and always having air movement. I've also started to make some headway on my next script. 

Yesterday, I went back to Termoli, the town just north of here. I had one more bill that I had to pay, but I had to print it out in order to pay it. I went back to my banker and had him print it, and paid it on the spot. While I was there ( first return trip home is 4 hours after I get there), I went for a walk to the coast to enjoy a focaccia breakfast with a view, then walked across town to the Centro Commerciale (mall) for some unnecessary shopping. I stopped for a little while in the train station and called Zia. I'm still getting used to her not being in Campomarino with me. It's definitely an adjustment not having someone I can turn to here everyday. But she is doing well all things considered.

Today was the first day that I went to the beach in the morning, or before lunch. I decided to take a shorter walk this morning, and head to the beach around 10 am. I know I got more color than when I lay out starting around 3 pm. But I also went back this afternoon for a few more hours in the sun. My cousin Roberto and his friend Massimo, who I've known for 30 years now, stopped by for a quick visit tonight. It's always great to see them. Every time we get together I feel like we pick right up where we left off. Me and Roberto are probably the closest in age of my first cousins. We went for a passiagiatta (walk) and just hung out for a little while. 

I've started to put together my list of chores to complete to close this place back up. Tuesday is going to be a busy one.