Thursday, August 6, 2026
Foodtopia Moments
Yesterday, I visited Termoli again, for banking purposes...again. It's only 3 euros roundtrip, and I really enjoy it there, so it's not a hardship. While I was there, I stopped at my favorite bakery in town for a piece of focaccia. It was still warm and featured pomodorini (little tomatoes) and olive neri e verde (black and green olives). The crust of the focaccia is great on it's own, but the addition of the toppings gave each bite a little something extra.After putting on 14,000 steps in Termoli, I stopped at Ristorante Netti here in Campomarino Lido on the way home to pick up lunch. I had called from Termoli to reserve some food so I didn't have to worry with cooking. I picked up a portion of their lasagna, and some alli di pollo (chicken wings). The wings had a little BBQ seasoning, and were cooked in an oven, they were very tender and delicious. Not spicy, but very good. The lasagna is delicate, with a good mix of meat and cheese. No big layers of ricotta, like no ricotta at all.