Sunday, August 9, 2026

Sun and Sea

 This weekend has been filled with bright sunshine, warm weather, and plenty of relaxation. It's the weekend, so the beach was extra crowded. It's definitely more peaceful during the weekdays, but way more energy on the weekends. U stayed there today until 8 pm when they were closing umbrellas and people had left. Yesterday, I was at Lido Ritz when I heard someone speaking English and knew she was American right away. She's from California and her husband is originally from Foggia, a much bigger city about 45 minutes from here. They live together ion Las Vegas now. First Americans I've met at the beach club. 

Today was very nice. There was a steady breeze which made the heat bearable. In addition, my cousin Vincenzo and his wife Mariella visited for pranzo (lunch). I cooked a Sunday gravy with meatballs and brasciole. Mariella made some delicious peppers, eggplant, and zucchini (all three separate), and we ended it with fruit and some finger pastries. It was great spending the day with them.