Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Closing Time

 All good things must come to an end, and my time left in Campomarino is down to 10 hours. I have a full list of things to do here to close up the condo, but I'm procrastinating and writing blog posts. I just ate my last meal here and closed up the stove, so I'm digesting not procrastinating. 

During my walk this morning, I went to the end of town and snapped a photo of Termoli in the distance. Most of my travels here this year have involved Termoli and their train station, but tomorrow I head south and inland to Foggia to catch a train to Rome. My bags are almost completely packed, just have to put in the flip flops I'm wearing. Electronics bag is a work in progress but currently using the electronics that need packing. 

Today was also my last day at Lido Ritz beach club. I took a long dip in the Adriatic, and soaked up the sun twice today. It was very relaxing most of the past few weeks. These past few days have definitely been more hectic here with the Italian tourist season in full swing. Their big summer holiday, Ferragosto, is on August 15, so many people have the whole week off. Traditionally, people have their vacations the week leading to or the week following this holiday. 

Tomorrow I have an early exit from here to catch the train to Foggia, one of the main cities in the region of Puglia. From there I'll hop aboard a faster train to head to Rome. My flight is at 6 am on Thursday so heading to Rome the day before is a must.