Thursday, August 22, 2019

Foodtopia Moments

After an amazingly beautiful day at Isole Tremiti, we all took Zia out to Termoli for a meal under the stars at Ristorante Federico II. Nestled in the Borgo Antico (Old City) of Termoli, the restaurant is outside in a little square of the 800-year-old castle town. In honor of the octopus we saw in the sea, I made sure to have the polpo grigliatte (grilled octopus) appetizer. Served over pattate di prezzemolo (parsley potatoes), the octopus was tender and flavorful, and the potatoes were a great compliment. I continued with a rigatoni pasta with mixed seafood. To end the night, we stopped at Yo-Go Gelateria for the biggest cono di gelato (ice cream cone) that I’ve ever ordered. I had the pistachio flavor that I love and also a white chocolate and Kinder flavors. Topped with mini cones and some panna (whipped cream), it was a delicious end to our last night in Termoli.