Monday, August 26, 2019

Foodtopia Moments

When in Florence, I will eat as the Florentines eat. And by that I mean a steak. Our friend Melissa and I shared a Florentine steak for two last night at Trattoria 13 Gobbi in Florence. Just around the corner from Piazza Santa Maria Novella, the restaurant is one of my favorites and the steak was out of this world.


Four our last cena (dinner) in Italy, Melissa and I ate at the Il Canneto Ristorante in the hotel. It’s a gourmet restaurant and the food is always delicious. I started with the Caesar salad, which has pollo (chicken), pancetta (bacon), and aciuggie (anchovies). My pasta was called tagliatelle alla Meditereaneo. It featured olive tagliate (chopped olives), caperi (capers), formaggio Grecia (feta cheese), pancetta (bacon), and cipolle (onions) in a saugo di pomodoro (tomato sauce). Melissa started her meal with a caprese salad, and a continued with a spicy penne arrabiata. We then shared the best chocolate mousse we’ve ever eaten.