Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Morning in Termoli

 For the past few days, I've been mainly heading to the beach for a couple of hours in the morning, and a few hours in the afternoon. I've been returning home for lunch in between, usually reheating something i cooked the night before, or trying some new ideas. 

Monday, however, I took a break from my routine and trekked north to the bustling metropolis of Termoli. In no way is this actually a metropolis, although it seems like one when compared to Campomarino. I needed to do some banking, pay some bills, and look for a second suitcase since it's prepaid already and I have bought a few things. 

After handling the banking and my cell phone bill, I stopped at a paneficcio (bread bakery) and picked up a slice of focaccia. Topped with burrata, mortadella, and crushed pistachio, the only thing better than it was the view I had of a nearly 1,000 year old castle kissed by the Adriatic Sea. 

Following the snack, I set off for a couple of shopping malls to look for a suitcase. I had seen one in the center of Termoli that was just about right for me, but wanted to make sure I was getting the best deal. While at the mall, I went to the supermarket for a few things, but id not find a suitcase I liked for the right price. I ended up walking back to the center of town to get the one I had originally seen. I threw my groceries in, then moved on to the pet store. All of the times I'm criss crossing the town, I had to travel through the tunnel below the train station. People waiting for trains saw me going back and forth a few times were probably wondering what I was doing. I even stopped by a pet store to get some gifts for the dogs back at home. The suitcase was filling up by the time I got the bus back to Campomarino. Once I got off the bus, I had. mile and a half walk back to the house. Really tested out the suitcase wheels. 

Aside from the excitement of a trip 6 km up the coast, I've been mainly relaxing and writing some screenplay scenes. I had a whole script mapped out, and then had a much more exciting idea, so I've started writing that one instead. Jazzed to get the words on the page.