Thursday, August 11, 2022

Summer Winding Down

 My time in Campomarino is quickly coming to an end for 2022. What seems like a long time beforehand, has flown by. I've started packing my suitcases, and also started the procedure of closing up the condo. Saturday will be a heavy work day getting the house closed up for the offseason. 

The past few days have seen a few visitors come to town. the other night, my cousin Roberto came for a visit with his friend Massimo. The pair had traveled to America together twice in the mid 1990s and we had all hung out a bunch then. It was like we picked up right where we left off. Here's a photo of Me and Massimo from 1995 and one of the three of us this week.

My cousin Valeria is also in town for a few days staying with Zia, who is her grandmother. We've only been able to hang out a little since she's been here, but it's always great to see her. 

Tonight, Zia, Valeria and I met up with my cousin Renato, his wife Dorette, their son Mario, his wife Cassandra, their 2-year-old daughter Rosella and their 10-day-old daughter Arianna, along with Cassandra's parents. We went to Ristorante Netti for some seafood and pizza. The food was great, but it was really about the first time meeting Ariana and saying goodbye to family for another year.

Yesterday, we had the annual condo association meeting. Every year they talk about the repairs that are needed. And every year the old people block up and vote to suspend doing anything for another year. Zia was the President of the association again this year.

Of course my days here wouldn't be complete without some beach time. I've been hitting the sand in the mornings and afternoons, coming home in the middle of the day for lunch. Sadly, the past few days have been extra windy, and the water has been way too rough to enjoy fully. Hoping tomorrow, probably my last day at the beach, is calmer waters.