Monday, August 8, 2022

Fun by Day and Night

 The past few days here in Campomarino Lido have been beautiful. The sun has been shining, the water has been refreshing even when it's a little rougher than normal, and I've been getting some screenwriting done. I've also taken a trip to Termoli, and spent an evening in town with good family friends. 

By day, I've been spending most of my time at the beach. Umbrellone 122 Sud at Lido Ritz is my daily spot. I usually head into the water for a bit, then head back and hang out on the chaise lounge or in a chair under umbrella reading, watching videos or just resting. This morning, however, I decided to hop aboard the bus and head to Termoli. I wanted to get a few things like a luggage tag, a couple of groceries at the supermarket, and the number for a taxi in case I need one sometime. I walked both the old and new parts of Termoli, even eating a focaccia breakfast with a view of the Adriatic Sea.  The city was alive with people spilling out of coffee shops and heading to the beach. I ended up walking more than 18,000 steps before lunch. 

Most nights, Zia Carmelita will come by my place. We'll talk, come up with lists for the different markets, and have some pizza. One night, she hosted a "pre-condo association meting" meeting with the guy who should probably be the head of the condo association. Last night, I went into the center of town with a good family friend, Antonio, his wife Anna and their daughter Doris. It was a great evening. We walked past all of the street vendors, and grabbed a slice of pizza. 

 I'm in my final week here at the beach, so my plan is to soak up the sun over the next few days and begin packing. Kind of crazy how quickly the time is flying by this year.