Friday, August 19, 2016

Birthday at the beach

Campomarino has basically a few things to do: Eat, group dance, walk, and go to the beach. The town is simple, the food is great, and the people love to gather. Yesterday was my 39th birthday, so I chose to eat, walk and go to the beach. I did three of the four main activities of the town.

Most of the day yesterday and today was spent with my feet in the sand (actually I was mostly on a chaise lounge). It is relaxing to sit there, listen to the sea, and watch the people go by. I’m onto my fourth book of the summer, and I spend most of my time reading and getting a tan.

Last night, Mom, Zia and I hit the town for dinner at Ristorante Netti, and a little shopping on the street. I got a watch last night with some of the gift money Zia gave me (grazie, Zia), and this morning I picked up another while passing through the traveling market that arrives every Friday.

With the trip coming to an end soon, Mom, Zia and I went to Termoli for one last trip. I managed to head to the castle of Federico II to eat a slice of pizza and snap some photos. Then we all went to a couple of stores in and around Termoli before heading home.


After careful thinking, Mom and I decided to cancel our trip to Florence. We were going to head there on Sunday, but with her scooter not working and it being the busiest travel day of the summer as Italians head back to work on Monday, it seemed the right thing to do. A day full of traffic on the Autostrada doesn’t sound like fun. All we’d really be doing is checking into a hotel and getting dinner. Now we’ll just head straight to Milan on Monday.