Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Foodtopia Moments

With the time here in Campomarino winding down for 2016, it’s time for me to look at our stock of food and decide what to make. Yesterday, for pranzo (lunch), I decided to purge the remaining pomodorini (little tomatoes). I quartered each tomato, mixed in some cipolle (onions), aglio (garlic), basilico (basil), sale marino (sea salt) and olio di olive. It was the exact sauce that I had made the other day, however the twist was adding some fresh ricotta cheese on top. I had used fresh pasta, not dried, and when the sauce married with the pasta and the ricotta, it was a grouping that made for a memorable, delicious lunch.


For cena (dinner,) I was a bit of a fool and did not snap a photo. The Monaco family came over for the evening, and Felecina made some melanzane parmagiana (eggplant parm). It was out of this world. Anna Rosa made some delicious homemade tiramisu as well and we topped it off with some Montepulciano red wine. It was a tasty dinner.