Saturday, August 6, 2016

Foodtopia Moments

Zia came over for lunch today, and her reaction to what I made was priceless. She asked, “What is it?” I took the leftover meat and sauce from Monday, a mix of pollo (chicken), brasiola, and salsiccia (sausage), and teamed it with Friday’s leftover roasted veggies, which included melanzane (eggplant), pattate (potatoes), pomodorini (little tomatoes), cipolle (onions), pepperoni gialli e rossi (yellow and red peppers), and zucchini. I took out any chicken bones and the toothpick from the brasiole, and let the two distinctly separate meals blend together. Then I mixed in some pasta, and voila, a delicious meal.

At the Ristobar tonight, I made sure to get an order of fresh insalata di polipo (octopus salad). As I suspected it would be, the octopus was tender and full of flavor.