Saturday, August 4, 2012

Beach day



Weekends, much like in the US, are the busiest time here at the beach, but this year Campomarino is lacking. Yes it is busier than a normal day, but despite the fact that it is August, the beach was pretty open today. Perhaps tomorrow will be busier. The recession is hitting the town pretty hard as most rental properties sit empty. Many businesses of the past few years have shuttered, and the annual parade of circuses is non-existent. Just yesterday, the announcement was made that downgraded a bunch of their banks and almost insures that the recession here will grow deeper and last longer.

When I got up, I went to the bakery and butcher on my bike. Both places had a line, so the recession must not be too bad. After dropping stuff off at the house, I went to the beach for some tanning. I think I’m at the point where my skin won’t darken anymore. I go into the sun over and over again, and don’t get any darker. I’ve reached my darkest tone.

Saturdays are also a great night for shopping as sometimes more vendors than normal come out to hawk their goods. I would be on the hunt for more watches, but I’m thinking I’m good with the three I’ve bought, two of which were automatic watches. I got the watches for 13 Euros each, 2 Euros less than I spent last year.