Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Closing ceremonies


Today Mom and I begin the closing ceremonies of our trip to Campomarino for 2012. It’s been a fun trip. I stepped in poop only once this year, and we managed to eat pranzo (lunch) out a few times. When I woke up today, I immediately went outside and gardened a bit, then I took the paddles off of the outside ceiling fan. Mom is packing now, and I am in the process of arranging my electronics/carryon bag.

After we finish cleaning the place today, we are slated to have dinner out at a restaurant in town tonight, so we are eating a light pranzo. My cousin Renato and his wife Dorrette are taking us out tonight. Hopefully it won’t be as humid as yesterday. Basically we are eating whatever leftovers we have in the fridge, so fruits and cheeses.

Tomorrow we head off to Rome early. We will be staying for one night at the Rome Airport Hilton then taking a flight Thursday morning for Newark. Mom and I are still debating whether or not we will head into Rome, as the hotel has a shuttle we can use for her cart. The train and subway are not options for Mom, so the shuttle is the only way. I’ll have the internet in Rome, so you’ll all know if we go out for an evening in Roma.