Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Taking care of business



This week is supposed to be my week of mixing business with pleasure. Instead, I took care of all of the business this afternoon and will be heading back to NJ tomorrow instead of Friday. Mom has surgery scheduled for tomorrow after a postponement today, so I need to get back sooner than planned.

Today I woke up in Bonita Springs after a night out in Naples. After a tasty breakfast at Waffle House, I headed up to Orlando to handle the business that brought me down here. I checked into Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort and then went over to Disney’s Polynesian Resort for a few drinks and dinner. Before heading back to the Magic Kingdom for a bus back to my hotel, I went to the Polynesian Resort beach to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks show called Wishes.

I’ve been at Disney many different times a year, including the Christmas week, which is their busiest. But tonight they must’ve been mobbed inside. When I got there to head to the busses, the lines for the monorails and boats were back up all the way to the park exit. It took 10 minutes to walk about 40 yards. I realized that the boat launches were so busy because the water electrical light parade was passing on the lake, and people wanted to see it.