Monday, August 6, 2012

Last day at the beach



Even Though it felt great to sit inside the air conditioning and watch the Olympics on TV, I decided to head out in the heat and enjoy my last day on the beach. I walked down to the free beach and laid out my towel, and let the sun rain down on me. Still, I get no darker.

As I passed the beach, I managed to snap a couple of quick photos of the campgrounds. Campomarino Lido, though now overflowing with condos, is at its core still a campground beach town. In the lido (beach section) area we have at least five campgrounds all with their own beaches. It was the earliest incarnation of beach clubs to be created here, and they have survived the onslaught on the big beach clubs along the lungomare (beach strand).

We’ve also begun prepping for our return to America. Tomorrow is our big prepping day, but today I packed my bag and all of our clothes are washed. We are down to washing towels. Tomorrow I have to garden a little more, and then take down the blades from the ceiling fan outside to prevent warping. I already went through our cabinets today and put all of our open items that will expire before next summer into a bag for Zia.