Thursday, August 2, 2012

Takin’ it easy





Sometimes one must take it easy for a little bit. Today I awoke with plans to play basketball and cook at the house. On the way to the basketball court, I stopped to pay our condominium association fee for the year (81 Euros) and was off to the beach and my basketball court. Figuring I would just be shooting baskets and not playing all out hard basketball, I left my knee and ankle braces at home. That was a mistake. About 20 minutes into shooting, I faked right and twisted my ankle. It’s been hurting since, but I still managed to ride my bike to a couple of stores and walk tonight.

Tonight we went to Termoli, where we had delicious Gelato at Yo-Go, probably the most popular place in town. The gelato there is the best I’ve ever eaten. We strolled around, I took care of paying for the internet to continue, and I bought a pain-relieving gel I saw on TV at the pharmacy. I’m going to use the gel on my ankle tonight. We also saw a sign of just how fertile the terra (ground) is here. Popping up out of the ground along a wall in what looks like an alley but is actually a street is a grape vine that spans two balconies and has fruit on it. The vine was not decoration, but I sign of a different, simpler time here.

When we got back, I went to Zia’s house to teach her how to properly use her new universal remote control.