Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Foodtopia Moments


Today’s pranzo (lunch) was one that I started two days ago when I made a big pan full of eggplant and tomatoes. I used some of the eggplant that I cooked, and mixed in a little pasta so that the plat was like half and half with pasta and eggplant. For meat, I egg dipped chicken breast and lightly fried it with olive oil. After sprinkling a little salt and flipping, and squeezed a lemon over top and topped with lemon slices. Then I poured in a little bit of white wine, and let the flavors come together. The chicken was tender and the flavor was rich and plentiful. For dessert, Mom and I each had a vanilla cream filled donut. It was the first time wither of us had ever had a bakery donut here, and it was really good. Maybe it was not as good as a bakery donut from McMillan’s, Gallo’s or Potito’s, but damn good for over here.