Thursday, July 18, 2019

Foodtopia Moments

Last night I trekked the 12 minutes into Termoli. I was there in search of dinner and dessert. I found both and they were delicious. I shared a post from the restaurant Eattico last week which featured their Sgombromo sandwich. So I figured I’d give that one a try. I’ve had them all in the past, and each one is great. This panino had sgombro al vapore (steamed mackerel), melanzane (eggplant), pomodoro (tomato), cipolla rossa (red onions), and polvere di capperi (a caper spread). The bread was firm on the outside and soft and delicious on the inside and the sandwich was full of flavor. I continued to my favorite bar in Termoli, Bigo. I had a version of a Tom Collins which had gin and vodka. It was delicious. They gave me pattatine fritte (French fries) and a salad. After walking around a bit on my way to the car, I stopped by Yo-Go Gelateria for some baba rhum and Pistachiosa gelato. Amazing as always.