Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Foodtopia Moments


Last summer I tried all of the sandwiches that Eattico, the sandwich shop in Termoli, had to offer. Tonight, I tried a sandwich that was introduced in June, called Alice Marinaia. Alice means anchovies in Italian. The pane (bread) was toasted so it had that crunch on the outside but was warm and soft on the inside. The panini, which I ate half of and took half to go for tomorrow, featured l'alice fritta (fried anchovies – the fresh ones not from a can or salted), crema di melanzane e menta (a creamy eggplant and mint spread), pomodoro (tomatoes),stracciata di Agnone (local type of fresh mozzarella) and cipolla in agrodolce (marinated red onions). It was delicious, perfect in every bite and full of flavor. I also tried their pattatine fritti (French fries) tonight when I realized they were fresh, not frozen fries. The whole meal hit the spot.