Monday, July 29, 2019

Lots of Sun and Family

The past few days here in Campomarino Lido have been pretty nice. Most of my mornings are spent walking, shopping, cooking, and going to the beach. My nights have been filled with beach, walking, and time with family.

I rented a car for a week, just to get some shopping done, and bills paid. Plus it’s a way to get some time in Termoli without having to rush back by bus, which the last one leaves Termoli a little after 9. It is nice having a way to get around to other towns.

Yesterday was a day without sun and sand. It rained for a couple of hours in the morning, then stayed cloudy all day. I managed to head to the pharmacy shortly before the rains came, and did my weekly weigh in. I lost 2.5 kg this week, which is about 5 pounds. Then, I stayed in and prepared the little bedroom for guests. I changed some of the furniture in that room, and now it definitely seems more spacious. Last night, my cousin Renato, his wife Dorette, and their son Mario and his wife Cassandra all visited. It was a really nice night. It’s always good to see family.


Today I was back on the beach. The morning was cloudy, but the afternoon was gorgeous. After a few hours at Lido Ritz, I came home to find that the contractor had made a lot of progress on the fence painting. He says he’ll finish up tomorrow with the fence, then begin work on the cement. After he left, Zia and I headed up to Termoli. It was a great night for a walk and to buy a couple of things for the house including tiles for outside with our address number 10 on it. We got to see a beautiful sunset, and then we sat and talked by the port.