Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Last Night With a Lancia

Tonight is the last night of my rented Lancia Ypsilon. All I can say is that the car was fine for the purpose it served, but is not recommended for any distance driving. Luckily, I’ve done no distance driving this week. I did, however, use my last night with the rental to head into Termoli.

Parking was not easy to find, but I did find some. Going to Termoli earlier in the evening helps to get a spot. Any time after 9 p.m. and you’ll be hard pressed to find anything remotely close to the antique section of town. I also like to go early to see the sunset. It’s always beautiful to see the sunset up the Adriatic Coast. Tonight was no different. Such rich color in the sky.


Termoli was lit up tonight, literally. This weekend is the Festa di San Basso, the town’s biggest festival where they have a boat parade with the bones of San Basso, and then a processional through the town carrying his bones. Earlier this week the lights were being put up, but tonight they were fully illuminated. After passing under the lighted walkway, I did some shopping, had dinner at Eattico, and topped it off with a gelato. It was perfect weather with temperatures in the upper 70s.