Thursday, July 25, 2019

Shining Sea

This week has been busy. I’ve kind of neglected my blog a bit. However, my animated short script is just about done. I’ve been walking every morning, exercising, cooking and buying delicious meals, and hitting the beach hard.

Sunday was lunch at Zia’s house. She made a delicious sauce with eggplant. It was really good. If she had made enough for seconds I probably would’ve had some. I’ve also had lunch at Ristorante Netti twice this week, and a third may happen tomorrow. We’ve been packing our mornings, leaving a choice of cooking here and going to the beach much later, or picking something up and eating it at home, and going to the beach much earlier.

My time at Lido Ritz has been going well. The weather has been beautiful, must days in the upper 80s. There has been some humidity the past few days, tonight being no exception. I’ve been going in the middle of the day, while most Italians are asleep, because the WiFi works to watch videos when less people are on it.

Tonight was last night of the Festa di Santa Cristina in Campomarino sopra, the main part of town on the hillside. Zia and I headed up early and went shopping at Lidl first. Then we went shopping in the flea market. I bought some delicious olives, and had some torcinelli sausage. It’s essentially a piece of liver, a leaf of sage, some spices, then wrapped in veins and grilled. It sounds way more disgusting than it is. Tomorrow is the festival of Sant’Anna. That one is in Campomarino Lido, the beach part of town where I live.


Progress on our wall/fence is moving slower than I’d hoped. The anti-rust treatment is on the iron fencing and the contractor has started to remove the covering on the cement. He gave me a date of next Friday to be finished everything, but then did not come today. Hopefully this gets done before I have to leave. If you remember the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun,” I’m hoping the work doesn’t move that slowly.