Sunday, July 14, 2019

Just a Shade Under 54 Hours

It has been a whirlwind since I boarded my fist plan on Wednesday morning in Newark, NJ. With a layover Miami of three hours, a nine-hour flight to Milan, an overnight stay by the airport there, a more than 6 hour train ride south, followed by a ten minute cab right, the trip to Campomarino Lido this year took just under 54 hours.

The patio garden is overgrown and the house needed cleaning. So far, the house is decently cleaned up, and I’m working on laundry. All the towels and sheets smell like they’ve been closed up all year. I met with a gardener who will be here possibly Monday, possibly, Tuesday or possibly Wednesday. The gardener works with the contractor who will be fixing my exterior cement and Iron fencing then painting everything. He can’t start until the gardening is done. We’ll see how long this takes.

Once I got to town, I needed supplies. So I took my rented Jeep Renegade that I picked up on Saturday and went grocery shopping in two markets. Is it wrong that I picked up three different bottles of BBQ sauce just to try them? There is one brand they have here that tastes just like McDonalds BBQ sauce for McNuggets.

I’ve also been hanging out with Zia a few times since Friday. Tomorrow we have some official township business to tend to, and then her birthday is Tuesday. I brought a card from home because I have never found a place with cards here.

It has taken me until today to get the WiFi working. The first place I went to said they were unable to do it. Not sure why. They said come back on Saturday. Seeing as that store was way north in Milan, I went to a different store on Saturday. They offered me a deal for three months of service with a total of 100 GB of data, and a newer, faster device for 50 euros. It was going to cost me 40 euros for one month of service with my old device, then another 12 euros to finish out my trip. So I saved two euros and got faster internet and more data (100 GB to use over the time vs 20 GB per month).



While I waited for the WiFi I have had access to things through my Italian cell phone. I also wasted no time and began work on my new script. I dove right in last night and completed three scenes.