Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Foodtopia Moments

The past few days have been filled with British food. Some was good, like the fish and chips, some was bad, like the Ploughman’s Platter. One of the tastiest things I tried was some streetfood. Meat pies are a decently big thing in Londaon, so I tried a few. My favorite was one I got at a stand at the train station. It was a lamb and mint pie. The mint was the right amount and the meat was tender and juicy. The crust was tasty as well.


For my last night in Italy, I headed back to Taverna dei Quaranta, right up the street from the Coliseum. I had their bucatini amatriciana, which is delicious. Later, I had a gelato. It was my first time trying a place by the entrance to Piazza Navona. I’ve tried several places there, but none have been this good. The place is called Grom, and it has some of the creamiest, silkiest, perfect temperature gelato I’ve ever tasted. Homemade whipped cream is offered, and right behind the server, you can watch them making the small batch ice cream. It’s worth a stop for anyone going to Rome.