Monday, August 6, 2018

Foodtopia Moments

The food truck festival in town has come and gone, but before they left I managed to get their twice. The first night I wasn’t excited, but I did notice there was one place that was hopping and looked great. The first night it was packed when I got there and I didn’t feel like waiting 45 minutes for a sandwich. Last night, the line was much shorter when I got there about an hour earlier so I had the Calabrese sausage sandwich. It was delicious, well worth the 15 minute wait. Filled with zucchini, onions, eggplant, roasted peppers, and mushrooms, the sausage sandwich was great Italian street food.


Cooking at home is also going well. For the first time, I made stuffed eggplant. I used a tuna fish stuffing. It was great, but through this trial I know what I would change to make it even better.