Friday, August 10, 2018

Well That Escalated

The past couple of days had been very tranquil. Long walks, beach time, and my cousin Mariella from Holland and her husband Nik arrived in town for basically my last couple of weeks here. It’s been fun catching up with them. They managed to rent a cottage on the beach at the Lido (beach club) just south of the Lido I go to everyday.

While trying to add money to my phone so that my service would continue through the rest of my trip, I dropped my phone on my patio. The screen cracked and I had no control of the phone, and in a small fit of rage I slammed it on the table rendering it a solid black screen with no life. That was last night. I asked my neighbor to drive me to the train station so that I could go to Termoli, but when I arrived at the phone store at 8:45 it was too late. They close at 8:30. That left me with no phone for 24 hours, and some lost contacts.

One contact that I lost was the gardener. While I was in Termoli he stopped by my house because he couldn’t contact me by phone, and told the neighbors he’d be here in the morning. He got here about 8:30 and proceeded to transform the patio garden. After two years of no care, it needed work. He was here for about 8 hours today, earning his pay. I did get his number, and this time I put it in my American phone as a Google contact.


As soon as he left, my neighbor drove me to Termoli so that I could get a working phone. They had a special offer right up my alley; phone with a year of insurance thrown in for free. I’m back up and running. Every year there is something with these phones.