Friday, August 3, 2018

Foodtopia Moments

Today was an interesting food day for me. I had two nice meals without cooking anything, which is rare around here. For pranzo (lunch), Zia had suggested getting food from Ristorante Netti. On my walk back from the train station this afternoon, I stopped by and picked up portions of lasagna and parmagiana. It touristy parts of Italy, you can find multiple types of parmagianas. Here in rural, non-touristy Italy, there is only one type, melanzane (eggplant). Netti uses a bolognese meat sauce with theirs, and it is savory and delicious.


For cena (dinner), I was super excited to head to the food truck festival in town for the weekend. I’m hoping tomorrow has more options. There were some trucks serving burgers and pork sandwiches. I had one of the port sandwiches and it wasn’t the best I’ve had. The bread wasn’t very good. Other places had arrosticini (meat sticks), arancini di riso (rice balls), Panini di salsiccia (sausage sandwiches), and pastries.