Monday, July 15, 2019

Good Surprises

Last night I was sitting in the house, tired and ready for bed, but it was a nice night out so I went for an 11 p.m. passiagiatta (walk). The town was filled with people and about halfway through my walk, I ran into my cousin Luigi. It was so great to see him and his wife Carmella and walking with them.

This morning, just as Zia and I were heading out to the bank and to get some more shopping done for the two of us, the gardener arrived. I was surprised because he said Martedi (Tuesday) or Mercoledi (Wednesday) if it rains. You can imagine my surprise when he arrived Lunedi (Monday). He worked hard and got most of the gardening done. Tomorrow he said he’d be back to work on the rest and get things ready for pickup. Then I need to make arrangements with the contractor to fix the cement and paint everything. As we were returning from our trip out, Zia and I could see how clear the Adriatic Sea was today. No haze on the horizon, which is somewhat rare. We could see the Lido part of town with Isole Tremiti in the background.




Tomorrow is Zia’s birthday, so I plan to surprise her with a card and a cake from Shangri La pasticieria (pastry shop).