Sunday, August 18, 2013

Auguri to Me

Today is my birthday, a time when I reflect on all the good things I have, and what I need to get done. I spent the day today in Montesilvano at my cousin and Renato and Dorette’s beach house. The place is beautiful, and the town is a classic Italian beach town, about 5 times the size of Campomarino. Their place is a 4-story villa built in a Mexican style in the hills overlooking the town. The views were breathtaking and the place is very comfortable.

My first birthday wish came true last night. No fault to my cousin, but the bed they took me to sleep on, very comfortable as it was, had a mattress on wood slats. Immediately I was suspect. During a nap earlier in the day, the slats bent and came out of place. So I knew I needed to do something else at night. While putting them back in place, I saw the bar running down the middle of the bed and decided that would be my target sleeping area. I kept wishing all night that I would stay in place and not smash through the wood.  In the morning, all was good.
 
We went on the town for pranzo (lunch) today in Montesilvano. It was a fish restaurant, and I was filled to the rim with all sorts of tentacles and mussels.


As I reflected today on the train ride home, I thought about all that I needed to get done before I leave my house on Wednesday morning. My mind kept going to the gardening, taking the blades off of the outdoor fan to prevent warping, covering the air conditioning unit, and sweeping things up the big four things now that the car is no longer here. So I did all four tonight. That leaves laundry (some of which I have already done), cleaning the bathroom, and unplugging things. Oh yeah, and packing.