Thursday, August 8, 2013

Last Day as a Group

Today is the last day for us here as a group. Steve and I head to The Netherlands tomorrow, and Melissa and Amanda will be in Milan when I return on Monday.  So we made sure to make the most of our day, and relax.

We hit the beach, went swimming, and played another round of bocce, our fourth. Today was my first win (second two other times), and now we’ve each won a round.  I got up this morning and began making a sauce from scratch. I put in onions, carrots, basil, olive oil, salt, and tomatoes. Once it got cooking a bit I added a vegetable bouillon, a little water, and some tomato paste. I brought it to a boil, and then let it simmer for an hour before passing it taking out seeds and stems and breaking down any chunks. It was delicious.


Tonight, Steve and I are going to pack for Holland and then head out to Ristorante Netti as a group one last time. All the visitors have made this summer pass by fast. I head back to the states in two weeks.