Monday, August 12, 2013

Foodtopia Moments

Pancake (crepe) with ham
and Gouda cheese
Herring with onions and pickles
Where do I begin? We had ribs, RIBS, in Amsterdam. There I also had a cone of Belgian fries with mayo, ketchup, and curry sauce. I also tried pancakes (crepes) with ham and gouda cheese, which was my new favorite late night food…thankfully not available in the US. I also had an order of bitterballs, which were a fried mixture of meat, cheese and potatoes. They weren’t bitter at all.  When we got to Amsterdam, I asked the cab driver what to try. He suggested a herring sandwich. I gave it a try, but it wasn’t for me.


When I got back to Italy, my favorite sandwich shop was closed, so I had to “settle” for a kebab sandwich with chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, zucchini, and hot peppers.


Belgian fries with mayo, ketchup
and curry saice

Bitterballs

Ribs

Kebab sandwich