Friday, August 16, 2013

Last Friday Market

Today I got up and sat in bed reading for about a half hour, finishing up my third book of the summer, Ben Mezrich’s
“Straight Flush” the story of the AbsolutePoker.com guys. Zia came over about 9:30 and we headed to the condo association office to pay our annual fees for our posts in the Condominio Villagio Turistico Giansante. My fees for the year including dues and repairs was just over 151 Euros (about $200).

Sorry for the blurry photo.
Time to clean my lens
Then Zia and I went our separate ways. She went to a corner grocery, and I went to the farmacia (pharmacy), bakery, and the Friday Market. I realized as I was shopping there that it was my last Friday Market for 2013. This time next week I’ll be in breathtaking, exotic New Jersey. I went to my salumeria (lunch meat/cold cuts) truck and ordered meat for the last time.

Tonight I went to Termoli for a total of 45 minutes. It took me longer to walk to and from the train station than it did to handle all of my business in Termoli. I hit the bank ATM, took care of my phone shut off for the winter, bought my bus ticket for Rome for next Wednesday, and picked up train tickets for me and Zia to go to Pescara tomorrow and Sunday to visit Renato and his family.


For the record, I’m still sick. At least my body waited until I was alone before getting sick. The pain in my throat s virtually gone, but my nose is all congested.