Monday, August 19, 2013

Maybe I Should’ve Waited…

Sometimes hindsight can be 20/20, and tonight it might be just that. I covered the air conditioner yesterday night so that I can’t use it anymore this year, but tonight the humidity is up there making it pretty rough for sleeping. Hopefully my fan holds up.

This morning was almost a wash as Zia and I headed out for some official paperwork to find that the place we went wasn’t even open. We spent 2 hours milling around the place thinking maybe the guy would be late, but he never arrived.  So we sent an email to the condo association office with the info needed and are hoping it suffices.  Just to make sure the morning wasn’t a total waste of time, I made sure to head to the beach for about an hour. Tomorrow, the beach is second on the agenda, right after cleaning the bathroom.

This afternoon I packed most of my clothes (some still drying), and will easily be packed by tomorrow night. I just need to make sure my electronics are nice and put away. Hopefully my bag is less than 50 pounds too. It should be as I’m leaving some things behind that I brought over in the bag. Tomorrow should be interesting as I finish the loose ends. I also need to call the taxi guy to confirm. Nothing like beginning a day of travel with all schedules hinging on a 60-year-old cab driver being on time.


On my way into town tonight I saw something that isn’t common in the US, a pickup soccer game. I know the field they were on and the term sandlot comes to mind. Anyway, when wondering how they get such good players in their country, I was looking at the bottom of the barrel, and they still had skills.