Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Auguri Zia

I awoke to a full on screaming match between the 12 year old girl upstairs and the grandmother she is staying with. I was waiting to hear plates being thrown like Connie in “The Godfather.” Once I got moving, I headed out to the condo association office, where I found my condo association dues are 86 euros for the upcoming year.

July 16 is Zia’s birthday so we made sure she had a cake tonight and we got pizza from the best restaurant in town, Ristorante Netti. The rest of the day included biking, cooking and catching about an hour of sun while on the beach. Not a bad Tuesday.
 

Zia arrived at my house tonight saying something about a gas outage for the country, which I figured was her misunderstanding and it was. In the meantime, we filled up the car with diesel. Thank goodness because it is 20 eurocents cheaper than unleaded. Still 57 euros ($75) for 34 liters (just under 9 gallons) is a pretty steep price.