Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Back from Roma


I’ve been away the past couple of days, but I am now back from Rome. I took Mom to the airport in Rome where she flew on Saturday. Steve arrived on Saturday and we met up with Melissa and Amanda for a two day trek around the city that left my feet blistered.
 
We had great meals, saw ancient sites and walked about 25 miles in two days. I managed to do a couple of new things this time when I went to Rome. We went to the top of the Vittorio Emmanuelle Memorial in Rome. There was a 360 degree panorama view of the city. It was neat looking out over the city at the various sites.
 
On Sunday, we toured the Foro Romano and il Coloseo. Then we went to the church of San Clemente where we entered through a 12th century church which was built on top of a 4th century church, which was built on top of a first century Pagan temple. Then we went to the Ice Club, a 21st century bar made out of ice. It was perfect on such a hot day.


Back in Campomarino now, and it’s time for the beach everyday. I’m trying to get some more tan before heading back to school.