Saturday, July 20, 2013

When the World Gives you Lemons…

…make limoncello. So far we have about 8 nice size lemons on our tree this year, and hopefully before I leave I will have a chance to pick some and use them. I’d love to make some limoncello and have Zia watch it until next summer, but that may be wishful thinking. Maybe if they are ready, I can pack them in my luggage and take them to America.

Last night we headed into Termoli so Zia could get her new phone and then we had dinner after a nice long walk. We ate at an open air restaurant called Ristorante Federico II, which specializes in fresh seafood. All of their fish is fresh caught. The port where the fishermen arrive is about a 10 minute walk from the restaurant. When my mom inquired about a specific fish, sea bass, the waiter let her know that none had arrived yesterday. So mom settled for sole. The meal was delicious right down to the Crema Catalana dessert.


Today has been a lazy one. I thought my alarm was set for 7:30, but it wasn’t set and I slept until almost 10. Then I raced out on my bike to get a few things for the day. Once I was back I decided to head to the beach to catch some more sun. My skin has reached its maximum tan level, It’s called pale. For some reason my skin is not getting and darker. It’s like I have a natural repellent to the sun.