Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pedal Power

Years before there was condos,
Campomarino was nothing but farms

Campomarino paese from my ride
I was testy this morning after I walked to a piazza a little less than a mile away to pay a bill at the post office, only to find the local office closed. Zia asked me to run and get the car and we would go to the post office in Campomarino sopra (the main, old part of town). So I walked the mile back and got the car. When I found her, she had discovered why the office was closed, the Festa di Santa Cristina. Because of the religious festival of the town’s saint (based on the name of the church in the main town), all banks and post offices would be closed, only in this town. (Termoli has San Basso and here in Campomarino Lido [the beach part of town] we have Santa Ana this Friday, which is celebrated only in the beach part of town.)


So I went to the beach after no luck with bill paying. Maybe tomorrow. This afternoon, after cooking lunch, I decided to go for a bike ride. I used today to do some hill training. I set a goal and got about 50 feet past where I thought I could get to. A beach cruiser is not designed for hills, and neither am I. I did manage to capture some photos of town.